Groff examples repository
This is a compilation of groff examples shared on the mailing list or detailed in the different man pages. This is aimed to be a collection of hacks and full documents edited with Groff.
Documents edited with groff
You can find the official documentation in the Groff Info manual with `info groff` or at the following link:
If you prefer man pages, the main pages are:
- groff(1) - front-end for the groff document formatting system
- refer(1) - preprocess bibliographic references for groff
- groff_tmac(5) - macro files in the roff typesetting system
- groff(7) - a short reference for the GNU roff language
- groff_char(7) - groff glyph names
- groff_man(7) - GNU roff macro package for formatting man pages
- groff_mdoc(7) - reference for groff's mdoc implementation
- groff_me(7) - "me" macro package for formatting documents with GNU roff
- groff_mm(7) - memorandum macros for GNU roff
- groff_mom(7) - groff "mom" macros; "mom" is a "roff" language, part of "groff"
- groff_ms(7) - GNU roff manuscript macro package for formatting documents
- groff_www(7) - groff macros for authoring web pages
If you use a UNIX-like operating system, chances are your groff install came with documentation in /usr/local/share/doc/groff/.
Linked below, you can find the project page of groff, of mandoc and of mdoc.
If you think a macro should be in this list, if you found a mistake or care to give some feedback, send me an email: thomas AT dupond DOT eu.